- Microsoft founder Bill Gates said the United States created a ‘vacuum’ with its refusal to work with other countries in the coronavirus response
- He said it was more concerned with ‘trying to cast blame’ than working on a global response to the pandemic
- The billionaire hoped ‘rationality will reappear’ and the U.S. would join with WHO
- Bill and his wife Melinda have donated hundreds of millions of dollars to develop a coronavirus vaccine through their foundation
- Melinda said black Americans should be among the first to receive it
- The couple made the comments at a philanthropy summit hosted by Forbes
Speaking at the first virtual Forbes 400 Summit on Philanthropy on June 18, Bill was critical of the US response to the pandemic and its poor contact-tracing efforts that would help contain the virus.
Here in the United States, it’s going to be Black people who really should get it first and many indigenous people, as well as people with underlying symptoms, and then elderly people.” – Melinda explained.