The UK has gone into lockdown to curb the spread of the coronavirus as the Prime Minister made an address to the nation.
Speaking from Downing Street, Prime Minister Boris Johnson said that if too many people become seriously unwell at one time, the NHS will be unable to handle it.
The three weeks lockdown will be as follow:
- Shopping for the basic necessity
- One form of exercise per day
- If you can’t work from home and needs to work outside for a limited time
- You can be fined if you are gathering with more than two people in public.
- No worship services, baptism.
See below full speech from Boris Johnson
The coronavirus is the biggest threat this country has faced for decades – and this country is not alone.
All over the world we are seeing the devastating impact of this invisible killer
And so tonight I want to update you on the latest steps we are taking to fight the disease and what you can do to help.
And I want to begin by reminding you why the UK has been taking the approach that we have.