- Elon Musk shared an image on Twitter Wednesday night that appeared to partially blame Facebook for the pro-Trump violence in the Capitol.
- “This is called the domino effect,” Musk tweeted. The first domino in the image was labeled “a website to rate women on campus,” a reference to the creation of Facebook by Harvard University students.
- The final domino was about the rioters who stormed the Capitol on Wednesday.
- Facebook has been accused of allowing misinformation to spread, including from President Donald Trump.
- Musk’s response to Wednesday’s violence, during which four people died, was mild compared with criticism from many other business leaders
It’s not the first time the Tesla CEO openly expressed his dislike for Facebook.
In February, he called Facebook “lame” in a tweet and urged people to delete their accounts. Three months later, he tweeted “Facebook sucks” after the company’s artificial intelligence lead criticized his lack of knowledge about A.I.
Get the latest news, breaking stories, features, opinion, special offers, events straight to your inbox. We don't spam.