Pastor Williams Kumuyi of Deeper Life Bible Church has has given an insightful message on the purpose of Marriage.
Marriage is said a legal union between a man and a woman to become husband and wife, people need to understand that God has purposed the institution of marriage even since the beginning of creation. In the book of Genesis chapter one reading from verse eighteen ( GENESIS 2:18-31), God created man(Adam) in his very own image after the creation of all other things and give him dominion over all things, in Chapter two of genesis God created Eve ( the first woman) to help the man.
- The purpose of marriage is to preserve purity in the church, in the community, and in everywhere, CORINTHIANS 7:1-2 ( to avoid fornication and Adultery, sin and all others that bring the judgments of God).
- The purpose of marriage is to preserve living like animals.
- The purpose of marriage is to avoid immorality. (All forms of sinful habit)
- The purpose of marriage it is so that you have protection.
5.The purpose of marriage it is so that you have help
- The purpose of marriage it is so that you have support. ( support from husband to wife and from wife to husband)
7.The purpose of marriage it is so that you have a helper. ( Genesis 2:20, And Adam gave names to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam, there was not found a help meet for him. When God saw that all those animals cannot help Adam in some certain things that was why he created Eve to “help” Adam, Genesis 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him, and thereafter Eve was created).
Get the latest news, breaking stories, features, opinion, special offers, events straight to your inbox. We don't spam.